Skip to main content

Web Content Display Web Content Display

Skip banner

Web Content Display Web Content Display

Web Content Display Web Content Display

Web Content Display Web Content Display

Web Content Display Web Content Display

Answers to often asked questions in the admission procedure

1) I have not yet completed my master's degree, can I enroll in SDNH?

Yes, it is possible. The condition is to obtain, on the day of recruitment, a certificate (which may be a supervisor together with a confirmation from the institution - Department/Institute/Department) with the title of the job, the state of advancement of the work, and the indicated date of defence. The defense must take place before the day of enrolment in the School. To be enrolled, a diploma of graduation or a certificate that the defence has taken place is required.

2) As a Diamentowy Grant grantee, can I enroll in SDNH without a Master's degree?

Yes, it is possible. In this situation it is not necessary to have a Master's degree or equivalent. The requirements are described in the recruitment regulations.

3) Can I apply for admission to SDNH as a first degree graduate?

Yes, it is possible, on special terms. Such an offer is addressed to the most outstanding graduates of first degree studies with great research potential. These requirements are described in the recruitment regulations. Please contact the Director of SDNH immediately.

4) If I do not currently have two diplomas, but I have completed two Master's degree courses (I will not receive the diploma until closing up AOS), what should I present to obtain additional points?

Unfortunately, the points are calculated on the day of recruitment. Therefore, you should present both diplomas.

5) If I do not have a diploma and I do not have the final result that appears on my diploma, what should I enter into the AOS system?

In such a situation you should contact the Admissions Office – Centre of Academic Support

1) Can the documentation be presented in a language other than Polish or English (e.g. article in German)?

The recruitment does not provide for languages other than Polish or English. All documents should be in one of these two languages.

2) Is the character limit within the project research plan strict?

The limits are set within the form. Only an abstract in English has a fixed number of characters and this should be kept (plus minus 5%). The total character limit for a document should not be exceeded.

Footnotes and bibliography do not count to the character limit.

3) Does the character limit (18 000 characters with spaces) apply only to the candidate's exemplary research competence text?

The limit applies to any text that will be submitted for assessment (both an essay and an article).

4) How should I make the article fully anonymous?

It should be placed within the form in an editable form and without any reference to yourself as the author/author.

All details you may find HERE.

1) Can I be a performer in a grant and enroll in the Doctoral School?

Yes, you can. However, it has to be determined whether it is possible to refinance the doctoral scholarship. Such a question should be addressed to the financing institution, e.g. NCN, NAWA, NCBiR, ERC and the unit which takes care of the grant (CAWP). In this case it is necessary to contact the Director of the Doctoral School.

2) Can I apply to the Doctoral School as an academic teacher or researcher?

According to the Act, a doctoral student cannot be an academic teacher or research worker conducting classes with students.

3) Can I apply to the Doctoral School as a technical or administrative employee?

It is possible. The condition is that you should have no classes with students.

4) Is it possible for a doctor to enroll in the Doctoral School?

Yes, it is, but he will not receive a scholarship (this is excluded by law).

5) Can a current doctoral student apply to the Doctoral School?

Yes, he can. During the recruitment process, please provide information about the title of your doctoral thesis, a short description of your existing doctoral project, the name of the supervisor and the year of your doctoral studies.

6) Are there any scholarships, increase of scholarships and other allowances at the Doctoral School?

There is a statutory scholarship at the Doctoral School (approx. 2200 net for the first two years). Outstanding scientific achievements may be promoted by increasing the scholarship, but this will be the subject of analysis after the first year of the School's operation.